At Aranda Afters, we strive to provide a fun, engaging and educational environment for children in years K-6. Aranda Afters runs both Out of School Care (OSHC) Programs and School Vacation Care (SVC) Programs throughout the year. Our team of educators are here to support all children and develop them into becoming confident and active people.
Aranda Afters is proud to have rated as Exceeding in the National Quality Standard for After and Outside School care in 2018.
Aranda Afters – Building Confident People
September COVID-19 Information
We would like to assure you we are enforcing extra measures at the service including:
- extra hygiene practices
- extra cleaning
- social distancing
- revised activities.
No action is needed at this point. As previously communicated, all children will be marked as absent for the duration of the lockdown. If they will be attending, please notify us via text message or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we can plan our program and social distancing measures.
Aranda Afters fees
Parents who receive the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) contribute to childcare fees by paying the gap fee. The gap fee is the remainder of the fees after the CCS amount has been applied.
Aranda Afters has made the decision that all fees for Aranda Afters families will be waived, not just the ‘gap’ fees. This will take affect from Friday August 13th, 2021 to add to the support for families during the ACT lockdown.
Families are entitled to receive the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) for 42 absence days per child, per financial year, and may be entitled to additional absence days in certain circumstances (including illness of child, parent or sibling).
Please follow the link to find information about gap fees being waived. https://www.dese.gov.au/early-childhood/announcements/breaking-gap-fees-waived-families-act
Additional Child Care Subsidy (Temporary Financial Hardship)
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the impacts of COVID-19 you may be eligible for the Additional Child Care Subsidy (Temporary Financial Hardship), which can assist with the cost of childcare. For more information, including how to apply, please click here. Services Australia also has additional support and resources available to assist, which can be viewed here.
School Vacation Care
Based on current Government advice, Aranda Afters is continuing to plan for the Spring School Vacation Care program and will continue to do so unless we are advised that the service must close. Please be aware that Vacation Care is still five weeks away, and advice is rapidly changing. We will keep you updated if the service is required to close.
Mental Health Support
The Coronavirus pandemic may result in additional stress and feelings of unease amongst both children and adults. We recommend this PDF for talking to your children about Coronavirus. Our educators will also continue to support children with any stress they may be experiencing at this point in time. Beyond Blue also has some useful information to support mental wellbeing during the Coronavirus pandemic.
There are a variety of online educational resources and opportunities. Some of our favourites include:
- Scootle – digital resources for the Australian National Curriculum.
- ABC Education Online – a range of educational and news-based resources for children from upper primary for students, parents and teachers in Australia.
- Kids Activities Blog – have compiled this list of websites and organisations that are providing free online subscriptions for educational resources.
- We Are Teachers – free online learning resources; also includes this list of 125 websites for learning at home.
- Education.com – providing online lesson plans, worksheets and games.
- Totally the Bomb – have created these online virtual tours of US National Parks.
- Open Culture – US based free cultural & educational media.
- Funbrain – online educational games for reading, math and grammar from the US.
- Kahoot – Online quiz-based learning and self-directed study.
- Khan Academy - online courses by grade in maths, sciences, arts and humanities.
- Aranda Afters is open for children of essential workers, children whose parents can’t work from home and vulnerable children for the rest of the lockdown period
- Spring School Vacation Care will be available at this stage
- Gap fees will be waived for all eligible families.